Not a member yet? Register now and get started.

lock and key

Sign in to your account.

Account Login

Forgot your password?

Unicorns and Rainbows

10 Nov Posted by in Blog | Comments Off on Unicorns and Rainbows
Unicorns and Rainbows

I feel like our weeks just keep getting more and more jumbled, crazy, and intense.  We still had our foreign exchange student with us, but I started feeling like crap last weekend.  I kept gargling Listerine (an old choir trade secret) and putting on a good face during the day so we could keep on doing what we needed to.  By Monday, though, I wasn’t doing that great.  We did attend the Thank You party for all the host families and really enjoyed watching the BYU Folk Dancers (Bollywood!) and our Japanese friends dance to “High School Musical” and “The Witch Doctor.”  However, the food lacked a little luster, as even Takayuki said that it was so-so.  (He also said I was a great cook!)

On Tuesday, after we dropped our student off for the last time, I crashed.  I took a two-hour nap in the morning, and another three-hour one in the afternoon.  I slept another 11 hours at night.  I was so pooped and had a nose that was literally running out the door.  I went through several rolls of toilet paper at this point.  It was quite possibly the worst cold I’ve had in years.  Wednesday was better, but I still felt really sluggish.   I did, however, get all of my baking done that day.  It felt good to do something I wanted to do.  I haven’t done much for myself lately, and this cake deal has been so fun for me.  It was great to get it done.  On Thursday, I spent most of the day assembling and decorating the cake.  It was a beast!  I was so happy when it was finished, though.  Anjali, unfortunately, stayed out of school for three days this week.  Link had it earlier, and got a new molar, so it was a rough week for him, as well.  (He is finally back as my angel boy; not so angelic earlier…)

Friday was the day!  The party started in the evening and we had a full house.  Everything turned out awesome and I learned a lot – cake-wise.  I’m just about ready to make a wedding cake in December!  Anjali loved the party and we had lots of people there that really love her.  Aunt Kristi and Uncle Mark came, along with Mark Fernelius and Janae Hancock.  Lots of friends from school and our ward came, too.  Thanks to everyone!  It was fantastic!

Immediately following, we packed up and went to Ogden to help out my grandparents.  We spent the night there, but were rudely awoken at midnight with a barfing Elli.  I split the kids up and began washing and cleaning everything.  An hour later, she barfed again.  By the time she went to bed, it had been two hours of being awake for me.  Dovy pitched in when he could.  (As a kid, he had carbon monoxide poisoning, and we’re pretty sure he had some sort of tuberculosis exposure on his mission, so his lungs have taken this cold worse than anyone; he’s been wiped for days.)  In the morning, Elli had one last barf.  I explained the situation to my grandparents and asked what we should do.  They were still gung-ho for us sticking around (brave!) and whipped up an awesome French Toast breakfast for us.  Elli even ate it… She’s been fine since then and no one else has gotten sick.  We helped G & G put up their Christmas lights, as they won’t be able to do it for the next while.  Done and done – and we have the pictures to prove it!  It was so fun to be with them.  We love family!  They are all awesome to us.  Thank you to everyone that has helped us this last week.  You are not forgotten.

Finally, we came home on Saturday night and plopped into bed.   Unfortunately, Dovy’s lingering cough was so bad, that finally, at 5AM, I ran to the store to grab some Robitussin, Vicks, and a new humidifier.  Finally, my poor sweetheart was able to sleep.  As such, we slept in a little bit, but were still on time to get to church for the Primary program.  I cried nearly the whole time.  It was incredibly precious.  I adore my children.  (So obviously, I know.)  Immediately after it was over and before the hymn was even sung, we ran up to Salt Lake again to meet my dad at the airport for just half an hour.  He had a layover, and we were fortunate enough to see him for a few minutes.  Elli wanted to go to Hawai’i with him and we had to pry her off of him.  Yeah, I love him that much, too, Ellz.

Love to you all!